Connecting Young Nebraskans (CYN) is a statewide network designed to connect, empower and retain young Nebraskans. CYN strives to enhance opportunities for individuals to impact their communities through networking and learning experiences. The network is a dynamic and diverse group of peers with a passion for making a difference, a willingness to learn and the desire to build important relationships to help shape the future of Nebraska.
- Emerging leaders are an untapped social resource.
- Young people provide a vital infusion of ideas, energy and passion to our state, and their commitment to continued growth and leadership is critical to building a strong future for Nebraska.
- We must make a serious, long-term investment in our next generation – now. Through engagement and networking, we help our future leaders gain the tools and skills they need to make the big decisions of tomorrow.
- Across the state there are many similarities and differences, but by sharing interests, concerns and ideas, we can engage and educate young Nebraskans so they can create actionable next steps to drive progress in the state.
Change is difficult, especially on a statewide level. The relationships and ideas that will shape what Nebraska looks like in 20 years must begin today and continue by encompassing the generations that are to follow. In creating these ideas through CYN, we are able to understand and respect our differences while working towards a unified goal of becoming a great state to live and work.
The People :: “CYNers”
Started in 2009, CYN is connecting young leaders from across the state. While members come from a variety of professions, all have a passion for making a difference and the desire to build important relationships.
The suggested age of CYNers is 21-40, but we encourage people of all ages to join. With no membership fees, join our network to connect with other young Nebraskans!
- Register to receive CYN news and details on upcoming events.
- Share a project, event or issue that you think will interest CYNers on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Or, e-mail Kayla to share with the network.
- Invite your friends and colleagues to join the CYN network.
For more information, contact Kayla Schnuelle, 402-472-2935, email@example.com.