Connecting Young Nebraskans (CYN) is a statewide network designed to connect, empower and retain young Nebraskans. CYN strives to enhance opportunities for individuals to impact their communities through networking and learning experiences. The network is a dynamic and diverse group of peers with a passion for making a difference, a willingness to learn and the desire to build important relationships to help shape the future of Nebraska.Each year CYN has an annual summit to engage young Nebraskans and give them an opportunity to meet others from across the state.
- Young Nebraskans are currently an untapped social resource that we neglect to engage in a meaningful way.
- Young people provide a vital infusion of ideas, energy and passion to our state right now, and their commitment to continued growth and leadership is critical to building a strong future for Nebraska.
- We must make a serious, long-term investment in our next generation – now. Through engagement and networking, we can help our future leaders gain the tools and skills they need to make the big decisions of tomorrow.
- Across the state there are many similarities and differences, but by sharing interests, concerns and ideas, we can engage and educate young Nebraskans so they can create actionable next steps to drive progress in the state.
Change is difficult, especially on a statewide level and it takes decades. The relationships and ideas that will shape what Nebraska looks like in 20 years must begin today and continue by encompassing the generations that are to follow. In creating these ideas through CYN, we are able to understand and respect our differences while working towards a unified goal of becoming a great state to live and work.
In April 2011, the Lincoln Young Professionals Group awarded CYN the 2011 YPG Statewide Award. Recognizing individuals or groups that are making a difference on a statewide level, this is CYN’s first award.
The People :: “CYNers”
Started in 2009, CYN already has over 400 members from across the state. While members come from a variety of professions, all have a passion for making a difference and the desire to build important relationships.
The suggested age of CYNers is 21-40, but we encourage people of all ages to join. With no membership fees, there is no reason not to connect with other young Nebraskans!
- Sign-up to receive emails from CYN. Email your information to email@example.com.
- Tip us off about a project, event or issue that you think will interest CYNers.
- Forward this webpage to someone who might be interested in CYN.
- Stay tuned! We anticipate that the next few years will be an exciting time with new ideas and initiatives.
For more information, contact Kayla Schnuelle, 402-472-2935, firstname.lastname@example.org.