Connecting Young Nebraskans (CYN) is a statewide network designed to connect, empower and retain young Nebraskans. CYN focuses on enhancing the opportunities for individuals ages 21–40 to impact their communities through networking and learning experiences.
The CYN Network is a dynamic and diverse group of peers with a passion for making a difference, a willingness to learn and the desire to build important relationships that will impact the future.
- Young Nebraskans are an untapped social resource and it is vital that we engage them in a meaningful way.
- Young people provide a vital infusion of ideas, energy, passion, and commitment to continued growth and leadership, which is critical for the future.
- We must make a serious, long-term investment in the next generation. Through engagement and networking, we can help future leaders gain the tools and skills they need to be catalysts of change.
- We can engage young Nebraskans by sharing interests, concerns, and ideas so they can create actionable next steps that drive progress.
CYNers come from a variety of professions, have a desire to connect with peers, and make an impact that will create a better future for Nebraska and beyond.
CYN is building a network of engaged young Nebraskans. CYN has connected 550+ professionals and is continuing to develop relationships across the state.
Connecting Young Nebraskans is a program of the Rural Futures Institute at the University of Nebraska. The Rural Futures Institute believes that young leaders are a vital part of communities and that young leaders should be included in the community leadership structure. By embracing the growth and development of these individuals we can harness their ambitions to energize communities across the nation.
There are many opportunities to be part of Connecting Young Nebraskans:
- 2016 CYN Summit
Community Host Request for Proposal
- Join the CYN network and be the first to learn about upcoming events and opportunities.
Sign Up Today
- Connect on social media:
- Share an interesting project, event or topic that you think will interest CYNers.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about CYN and encourage them to attend upcoming events.
- Support CYN by sponsoring an event or program. Contact Kayla Schnuelle at email@example.com to learn more.
Missed a CYN webinar or event? Check out the webinar recordings and highlight reels.
- CYN Fall 2015 Development Series
Recap Flyer »
- Civic Health Webinar
Presented by: Nebraskans for Civic Reform & the Nebraska Community Foundation
- Be the Change, Be the Leader
September 29, 2015
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Beatrice, NE | Southeast Community College
- Finding Passion at Work
October 1, 2015
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Grand Island, NE | Home Federal Bank Building
- Modern Mentorship
November 12, 2015
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Columbus, NE | Henry on 11th Building
- Igniting Powerful Action Summit
November 17, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Ord, NE | Ord Learning Center
- Achieving Successful Intergenerational Communication in the Workplace
November 18, 2015
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Seward, NE | Seward Memorial Library