If you conduct research on “big questions” that go “Beyond Boundaries,” consider presenting a poster at the 2013 Rural Futures Conference. Posters may feature research currently underway or ideas for future research that exemplify the Rural Futures Institute’s core values defined at ruralfutures.nebraska.edu/ institute. Poster abstracts should describe research that creates knowledge and action, and that leads to resilient and sustainable rural futures in Nebraska, the Great Plains and beyond.
Submitting an Abstract
Abstracts (up to 250 words) are due October 18, 2013 and must be accepted for the competition. The Conference Poster Committee will review the abstracts and notify presenters of their acceptance via email by October 22, 2013.
- Maximum poster size is 46 inches wide x 34 inches high – landscape orientation only.
- Do not use less than an 18-point font for any text you mount.
At the Conference
- Posters must be dropped off at the registration desk by 6:00 p.m., Sunday, November 3.
- Posters will be set up for display and taken down by the conference staff.
- Posters must be picked up from the registration desk by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
Graduate students are eligible for the on-site competition if they:
- Have had their abstract accepted
- Registered for the Rural Futures Conference
- Are present with their poster during the poster session and reception, 5:00-7:00 p.m., Monday, November 4.
Award winners are determined by a team of judges who will judge the posters during the conference. Awards are:
- First Place: $750 cash
- Second Place: $500 cash
- Third Place: $250 cash
- Honorable Mention: $100 cash
Dates & Deadlines
|August 1||Poster competition details released|
|October 18||Poster abstracts due by 5 pm CST
Poster abstracts can be submitted via ruralfutures.nebraska.edu/gradstudentposter
|October 22||RFI notifies presenters of acceptance|
|November 3||Posters must be dropped off at conference registration desk by 6 pm CST|
|November 4||Poster session at Rural Futures Conference|
|November 5||Posters picked up from conference registration desk by 4 pm CST|
If you have questions regarding the graduate student poster competition, contact Rachael Herpel at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-402-472-4977.